Miami Beach Elite Dialysis Center is pleased to offer Staff-Assisted Home Hemodialysis
“Home hemodialysis promotes independence and rehabilitation, improves quality of life, and has a better patient survival rate compared to peritoneal dialysis and in-center hemodialysis.” – Hemodialysis International, Vol. 6, 2002
Staff-Assisted Home Hemodialysis offers treatments performed by a certified nursing staff in the comfort and privacy of your home. Miami Beach Elite Dialysis provides patients the same quality service during Staff-Assisted Home Hemodialysis. We accommodate our patients whether they require 3, 4, 5 or 6 sessions per week with a usual duration from two to four hours per treatment.
Advantages of Staff-Assisted Home Hemodialysis include:
- All treatments are under the supervision of a Nephrologist
- All Nephrologists are welcome to follow their patients in-center or at home.
- Equipment and supplies are provided in your home
- Dialysis related medications are administered by your nurse during treatment
- The Renal Social Worker and Dietician will visit with you in your home
- Patient Care Conferences will be held monthly with you and members of your healthier care team
- Electricity and water usage in the home are minimal
There are many benefits to Staff-Assisted Home Hemodialysis including:
- The freedom to determine your dialysis schedule
- One on one time with the nurse
- No travelling to the in-center location three times a week
- Convenient for patients that have a hard time getting around or have a busy work schedule
- Less dietary limitations
- Better quality of life
- Studies have shown that patients who dialyze in their home have fewer hospital stays, better blood pressure control and are less likely to have long-term complications
- Patients say they have more energy, feel less nauseous and sleep better
If you are interested in learning more about our Staff Assisted Home Hemodialysis program, please click here to contact our medical staff.